- Business Growth and Trends
- Change Management
- Workforce Effectiveness
Audience & Industry
- Senior Management Groups
- The Marketing and Advertising Industry
After decades of standing in the fire with leaders of high-performing organizations, Peter Sheahan has come to believe that an organization will only go commercially where its leaders first go personally.
Having grown his own companies by accelerating the growth and transformation for clients that include: Apple; Chick-fil-A; DeBeers; and AT&T -- Peter will provoke you to get bigger, by getting better! When leaders are true to their purpose, they gravitate towards doing work that matters and solving higher-order problems. The journey to get there requires that they have the courage to tell themselves the truth, take intelligent risks, and assume ownership for driving the alignment necessary to build an organization which behaves in ways worthy of its leadership position.
In being true to his own ambitions and relentless pursuit of growth, Peter has published seven books, built three global companies, and delivered more than 2,500 presentations in 40+ countries. Today he and his team at Karrikins Group are focused exclusively on inspiring leaders to do the hard work required to accelerate growth and transformation.
Peter Sheahan Virtual Speaking Reel 2021
Peter Sheahan Speaking Reel 2021
Peter Sheahan's Speech Topics
FLIP: Proven Strategies for Turning Challenge into Opportunity and Change into Competitive Advantage
The fact that the world is changing is not new to anyone. The more important question is: what do we need to do in the face of this change? With deep experience accelerating transformation in some of the world’s most innovative companies, and as founder and CEO of Karrikins Group, a growth-focused consulting firm with operations in more than 23 cities around the world, Peter Sheahan knows firsthand how to take disruption and turn it to our advantage.
In this case-study-rich session, Peter will explore best practices from multiple industries that have experienced transformative change, and unpack the key insights from those who profited from the change compared to those that became victims to it. Specifically, he will discuss:
- The role assumptions play in blinding us to new opportunities
- The importance of clarity and alignment in our strategic response to change
- The need to take manageable risks to drive innovation
- Collaborating across the value chain to exploit new opportunities
MATTER: Create More Value, Move Beyond the Competition and Become the Obvious Choice!
How do you become the obvious choice in the hearts and minds of your customers, employees and community? The answer is value. You either create more value than your competitors or you don’t. The more important question is how? In this case-study-rich and highly insightful presentation, Peter Sheahan will:
- Show you how to escape commoditization and compete beyond price
- Help you identify your most valuable edge of disruption
- Offer road map for becoming a thought leader in your marketplace and influence more senior buyers as a result
- Inspire you to lean into complexity, solve higher-order problems and become the disruptor
If you want to turn challenge into opportunity and change into competitive advantage, then join Peter for an inspiring, evidence-based approach to creating more value in your marketplace.
Are your leaders getting the most from their people? Are you attracting and retaining the best possible talent? In Talent Revolution, best-selling author, and architect of dozens of powerful human capital strategies for organizations around the world, Peter Sheahan’s case-study-rich session will:
- Help you understand the changing expectations of talent so you can transform your organization into a magnet for smart and engaged people
- Explore the changing nature of leadership and outline new models for developing capability in your organization and driving the alignment of people and strategy
- Share proven approaches to driving collaboration inside and outside your four walls and harness the discretionary efforts of people on and off your payroll
- Give you direct insight into what some of the world’s best companies are doing to win the war for talent
In today’s hypercompetitive world, talent is your source of competitive advantage. This session will put you on the cutting edge of this critical strategic issue.
Virtual Speech Topics
LEADING TRANSFORMATION: Turning challenges into opportunity and change into competitive advantage
The journey of transformation we must now all lead to stay relevant and accelerate growth in a disrupted world requires that you:
1. Tell yourself the truth: Embrace your new reality and take ownership for leading in new ways.
2. Unleash ambition: Rise above the urgency of a burning platform and unleash a burning ambition worth fighting for.
3. Drive alignment: Leaders need to be accountable for making new decisions and driving new behavior as we compete in the new reality.
HIGH PERFORMANCE IN A HYBRID WORLD: Accelerating a culture of accountability and driving effective alignment
Stimulating a culture of growth amidst uncertainty requires leaders to create a team setting where it’s psychologically safe to take risks, behave in new ways, and pursue progress over perfection. To do so, you must:
1. Raise your standards: Move your team from agreement to alignment.
2. Go first: As goes your behavior, so goes the behavior of the rest of your team.
3. Lead intentionally: Culture is a science, not an art. Focus on individual mindsets, team dynamics, and environment.
COMPETING ON VALUE, NOT PRICE: Create more value, move beyond the competition, and become the obvious choice
Crisis creates unique windows of opportunity to innovate, take intelligent risks, and thrive in the face of disruption. To seize these opportunities, you must:
1. Question assumptions: Disruption forces you to reexamine the value you add, and to find new and innovative ways to add it.
2. Lead your customers to the future: Behave in ways worthy of the market leading position you seek – lead don’t follow.
3. Matter more: Escape commoditization by elevating the impact you have on your customers’ lives.
Works by Peter Sheahan
Making It Happen: Turning Good Ideas Into Great Results (opens in a new tab)