- Human Resource Effectiveness
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Corporate Culture
- Workforce Effectiveness
Audience & Industry
- The Health Care Industry
- Senior Management Groups
- The Professional Services Industry
Workforce thought leader, author, and powerful female keynote speaker Cara Silletto, MBA, CSP, shifts manager mindsets so they can better lead and retain today's new workforce. Workforce Magazine named Cara a “Game Changer” and Recruiter.com listed her in their “Top 10 Company Culture Expert to Watch.” She's a 2018 Forty Under 40 recipient in Louisville, KY, and she’s been quoted in Forbes, HuffPost, The Boston Globe, and more.
Cara Silletto works with organizations of all sizes to reduce unnecessary employee turnover by bridging generational gaps and making managers more effective in their roles. As a Millennial herself, she knows first-hand what it is like to have a heightened sense of entitlement, very little employee loyalty and a dependency upon her smartphone. However, unlike many Millennials, Silletto has figured out exactly how these attributes were cultivated during her formative years, and she now shares that story with leaders across the country, including teams at Toyota, UPS, Cintas and Humana.
Silletto learned early in her career, from her Baby Boomer and GenX mentors, what “professionalism” meant to them, and absorbed critical information about management expectations during her first decade in the business world. She then went on to earn her Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from the top-ranked University of Louisville Entrepreneurship program, lived overseas teaching German executives about business practices in the U.S., and then started her consulting firm, Magnet Culture, in 2012.
Today, she’s a highly-sought-after national speaker conducting 50 to 100 engagements annually. Louisville Business First recently named her one of their 2018 Forty Under 40 young professionals. Workforce Magazine in Chicago named Silletto a “Game Changer” for her innovative approach to solving generational issues in the workplace and Recruiter.com listed her in their “Top 10 Company Culture Experts to Watch,” list. She is also the author of the book, Staying Power: Why Your Employees Leave & How to Keep Them Longer.
Good speakers don’t just fill time slots – they solve your company’s problems. Cara Silletto is committed to helping you truly solve the turnover problem you face. Unlike most human resources consultants, she doesn't dabble in other HR topics like harassment, compliance, and workplace violence. Retention is her only focus! With original stories, examples, and strategies she brings powerful, relevant value to those seeking proven solutions.
Cara Silletto on What Millennials Want
Cara Silletto on Two Types of Employees - Dependable & Revolving Door
Cara Silletto's Speech Topics
Read the Room: Improving & Applying Your Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is considered one of the most desirable characteristics in a leader, as it is the ability to sense, understand and effectively apply the power and acumen of emotions to facilitate higher levels of collaboration and productivity. Well-developed emotional intelligence skills make it possible to work well with a wide variety of people and to respond effectively to the rapidly changing conditions at work. This program will explore the five core factors of EQ: Self-Awareness, Self-Regulation, Motivation, Social Awareness, and Social Regulation.
- Learn how to take one’s own emotional temperature and manage various emotional states in a positive manner
- Explore how to observe and manage the emotional states of those around us and those we lead
- Determine how to use one’s individual emotional energy to move closer to desired goals
- Discover how to improve one’s EQ to become a better leader and communicator
*EQ assessments not included.
Staying Power: How to Keep Employees Longer
While some of today’s workforce is made up of deep-rooted, dependable staff, a larger number of positions are now a revolving door of employee turnover. Silletto will share insights on why staffing is so challenging today and additional ways to gain greater staffing stability. Learn how to slow the revolving door, more effectively manage the impending shorter-term workforce, and maximize the time you have with each employee.
- Discover current employee turnover trends and future staffing projections
- Uncover the real reasons employees leave most organizations and ways to encourage them to stay
- Learn ways to become a M.A.G.N.E.T. employer who attracts better applicants and keeps staff longer
They Drive Me Crazy! The Generational Story You’ve NEVER Heard
Tired of hearing generational programs that list off mind-numbing statistics? You’ll love Silletto's award-winning unique approach to bridging today’s generational gaps! Her real-life first-hand stories about the real issues on the T.A.B.L.E. (technology, authority, balance, loyalty, and entitlement) fuel an eye-opening discussion about today’s changing workplace that will shift your mindset about those you work with.
- Define the updated generational cohorts and why their definitions of “professionalism” vary
- Uncover exactly why today’s new workforce thinks and acts so differently in the workplace than previous generations
- Learn how to see others’ views to reduce judgment and improve relationships and retention
The Case for Change: Critical Workforce Insights for the C-Suite
Excessive employee turnover is impacting the bottom line, and organizations are now making workforce retention an executive priority. This session discusses several critical factors when rethinking our approach to staffing, including:
- How the internal “blame game” keeps organizations from gaining the staffing stability needed to be more productive and profitable
- How the current and projected employment landscape is impacting our business practices
- Why today’s workforce has incredibly different expectations than their leaders
- Strategies for keeping people longer through adjusted incentives and creative advancement
- Ways to prioritize retention initiatives for the greatest ROI
Works by Cara Silletto
People Also Viewed
Founder and CEO of the Intentional Culture Institute (ICI); Culture Transformation and Generational Dynamics Expert; Author