- American Politics
- Business Growth and Trends
- Change Management
Audience & Industry
- Senior Management Groups
- Sales Professionals
- Global Audiences
A former White House economic policy advisor and Wall Street executive, Todd Buchholz puts the domestic and global economic crisis in perspective.
The former White House director of economic policy and past managing director of the $15 billion Tiger hedge fund, Todd Buchholz has both crafted economic policy as a public servant and invested in the market. In entertaining presentations refreshingly free of investment jargon, Buchholz shows audiences how to interpret strategy-altering phenomena for wiser, sounder investments, providing you with a snapshot of the market to come: what companies are on the right track to success, what you can learn from them and how their successes can be yours as well. Buchholz discusses critical issues, conveys practical survival tactics and shows audiences how to adapt to the ever-changing global economy. Buchholz, a contributing editor for Worth magazine, has authored numerous books, including the critically acclaimed Market Shock, New Ideas from Dead Economists, From Here To Economy and Bringing the Jobs Home, the business leadership book, New Ideas from Dead CEOs, Rush: Why You Need and Love the Rat Race and The Price of Prosperity: Why Nations Fail and How to Renew Them.
Todd Buchholz's Speech Topics
Consumers, Cash, and Your Coronavirus Comeback
Todd Buchholz is advising some of the hardest-hit companies – from major cruise lines to Broadway theaters – on their coronavirus comeback. Tap into his frontline economic experience to help your business grow now.
- Find out whether the economy will bounce back with a V-shaped, U-shaped, or W-shaped recovery, and how to adjust for contingencies
- Position your company to be, not just a survivor but a beneficiary of the economic rebound ahead
- Target the customers and entities that can spend the most—soon
Prosperity Ahead—Or Not?
The economy never sleeps, and neither can your business. As the U.S. heads toward the 2020 elections, and the E.U. and U.K. wrangle over Brexit, Todd Buchholz shows you the forces that will determine whether the economy climbs higher and what it means for you.
- Discover how demographics, technology, and globalization are reshaping the economy and our future
- Pinpoint the signs of stock market rallies, and the warning signs of slumps
- Identify the political pressures on trade, debt, and interest rates from the U.S. to the E.U. to China
How To Compete in A Global Economy
Never before have businesses felt such pressure to compete. Plentiful jobs and low borrowing rates sound great, but how do you keep motivated workers? Sales may break records, but can firms raise prices when their costs go up? Customers seem ready to jump to a competitor, while Millennials and Generation Z challenge marketers. How can your company thrive in a quickly changing global economy?
- Learn how the “scissors economy” cuts costs while creating new opportunities
- Explore the ways to build customer loyalty even when facing unforeseen circumstances
- Find out which countries offer the best opportunities for investment and expansion
New Ideas from Dead CEOs
Every great – and not-so-great – CEO wrestles with new challenges. By examining the brilliant CEOs who launched and led revolutionary businesses, Todd Buchholz shows you the most important lessons that your company can use to anticipate trends, conquer inertia, and open up fresh opportunities for profit.
- Discover the entrepreneurial secrets that launched McDonalds, Sony, Estee Lauder, and Apple
- Find out why Ray Kroc, Steve Jobs, and Sam Walton conquered their competition
- Apply the brilliant and motivational lessons of the greatest CEOs to your business today
- Examine whether now is the best time to lock in financing and where around the globe are the best opportunities
Finding Hope in World Politics
While the daily news tend to focus on the “crisis of the day,” Todd Buchholz puts the world in perspective, showing you where progress is taking place and what you need to pay attention to. Start pursuing tomorrow’s opportunities today.
- Take a world tour to the “hot spots” that are on the cusp of economic and political change.
- Understand how presidents and prime ministers – from Washington to Beijing to New Delhi– make crucial decisions
- Learn how globalization has lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty, while sparking protests about Brexit, big banks, and NATO
What Other Organizations Say About Todd Buchholz
Todd Buchholz was incredible and his speech was informative, educational, factual and funny. He engaged the crowd, made people laugh – but he also made us think as well.Salem Communications
What Other Organizations Say About Todd Buchholz
I honestly can not say enough good things. Todd stole the show and people raved about him.IMB DB2 Information Management Software