- Corporate Culture
- Business Growth and Trends
Audience & Industry
- The Professional Services Industry
Margie Warrell is a bestselling author who is passionate about helping people unlock their purpose, conquer their fear and harness their unique potential to affect positive change in their work, leadership and life.
Margie draws on her background in business, psychology and coaching to develop better and braver leaders in organizations globally, from the UN Foundation to Salesforce. The titles of her bestselling books - Find Your Courage, Stop Playing Safe, Make Your Mark and Train the Brave - reflect her belief in the potential of every person to overcome the fears and false beliefs that keep them from achieving the extraordinary. Margie walks her talk when it comes to living bravely, having ventured out of her comfort zone countless times since growing up as one of seven children on a small dairy farm in rural Australia. After attempting kitesurfing with Richard Branson, she raised her sights yet again and recently climbed Mt Kilimanjaro with her husband and four teenage children.
Global Keynote Speaker, Bestselling Author & Leadership Expert
Inspiring Change - Rethink Risk: Margie Warrell Keynote
Great Advice From Richard Branson: Fail Fast, Fall Forward, Often
Great Leadership Requires Brave Leadership
Choose Growth Over Comfort
Climbing Kilimanjaro With Four Kids
Brave Women Rising
Unleashing the Force of Feminine Leadership
For women who want to do more & be more but too often doubt they can.
Despite the compelling case to have more women seated at decision-making tables, too few still are. The reasons for the ‘leaky pipeline’ are many and the solutions complex, yet one thing is certain: empowering women to challenge gender norms and step into their power as change makers is not just the right thing to do, it’s commercially smart. Margie will draw on her PhD research and personal experiences of challenging gender norms to provide strategies to:
- Align the three fundamentals of power to speak with impact, power and presence
- Embrace authentic leadership to counter gender bias and double-binds
- Identify your blind spots that fuel imposter syndrome and perpetuate self-doubt
- Sponsors and mentors: diversifying your network to open crucial doors
- Elevate the sisterhood: amplify the collective female voice
Make Your Mark
Dare to Make the Difference Your Difference Makes
Finding the courage to pursue the boldest vision for your life.
One of the key regrets of the dying is that they lived too safe and risked too little. In this inspiring keynote, Margie will draw on her diverse life experiences and hard won wisdom to inspire your audience to take action to live bigger, braver and more meaningful lives.
- Power and presence: Align your language, focus and physiology to bring your best self to your biggest challenges
- Three questions to discover your ‘Why’ and live on purpose
- Quiet your inner critic and get comfortable being uncomfortable
- Upgrade your mental maps to get back ‘on course’
- Forget perfect: How to get off your own back and begin anew
Culture of Courage
Harness the Full Force of Ingenuity And Collaboration to Make Change Stick
Build psychological safety to foster engagement, loyal disruption and bold thinking.
The greatest threat to organizational growth and change is the fear that stifles ingenuity, fuels risk aversion and drives highly capable people to make short-sighted decisions. Margie will share powerful research-backed frameworks to equip leaders with strategies for cultivating a ‘culture of courage’ that harnesses human capital, encourages the disruptive thinking needed to find opportunity amid change and uncertainty.
- Counter the unconscious biases that derail most change initiatives
- Build the ‘loyal disruption’ needed to challenge outdated paradigms that stifle innovation
- Create unconscious inclusion that harnesses the full value of diversity
- Foster the growth mindset to ‘fail forward’ and innovate faster
Rethink Risk, Embrace Discomfort & Lead From Possibility
How exceptional leaders harness the potential in themselves and others.
Empower your leaders with a deeper sense of purpose, passion, courage and confidence. Drawing on the latest research in leadership and neuroscience, plus interviews with some of the world’s most respected change makers, Margie will get to the heart of what undermines leadership effectiveness, sharing science-based strategies to:
- Engage people around a compelling ‘Why’ that taps ingenuity and counters anxiety
- Foster a ‘risk-ready’ growth mindset to thrive under pressure and fail forward faster
- Identify blind spots that undermine effective decision making
- Embrace vulnerability to engage in the crucial conversations too often avoided
Margie was a huge hit! The highest possible ratings... and a joy to work with!
Kathleen Bozis, Medical Society of Virginia
…extremely entertaining, inspirational and right on point for our company event.
Senior Vice President, Illumina
A standout keynote delivered with passion and authority.
Publisher, Automotive News & Women in Auto Conference
Margie’s keynote was spectacular. She has my highest recommendation. Her message is one that everyone should hear in their lifetime.
CEO, WorkForce Software
Margie is a master!
CAO, Marriott International
...an exceptional communicator!
Prof. Alain Lempereur, Harvard Program on Negotiation
One word: Amazing!
Victoria Lambert, AT&T
Margie’s ability to read the audience is extraordinary...she was worthy of the standing ovation she received.
CEO, Connect Conference
...the feedback was incredible! Margie’s impressive on every measure.
Margie sets herself apart with a powerful message, delivered exceptionally.
President, UN Foundation
Make Your Mark: A Guidebook for the Brave Hearted (opens in a new tab)
Find Your Courage: 12 Acts for Becoming Fearless in Work and in Life (opens in a new tab)
People Also Viewed
Organizational Psychologist, The Wharton School of Business; Bestselling Author; Host: WorkLife, a TED Original Podcast
Social Psychologist, Award-Winning Harvard Lecturer, and Bestselling Author