- African American Affairs
- Sales Skills and Motivation
- Professional Achievement
Audience & Industry
- Colleges and Universities
- Faith-based Groups
- Sales Professionals
Hailing from the small town of Gadsden, Alabama, he became the top salesperson at Xerox Medical Systems and then switched careers to become one of the top entertainment managers and executives in the music industry.
Author, entrepreneur, music executive, artist manager, and founder of Music World Entertainment Corporation (MWE) are just some of the titles that sum up the professional career of Mathew Knowles, Ph.D.
He is widely recognized in the entertainment industry for his effective approach to developing and promoting award-winning artists and has served as executive producer for more than 100 award-winning, platinum and gold albums in multiple genres, including pop, R&B, gospel, dance, and country. Based out of Houston, MWE is one of the world’s leading music and entertainment conglomerates, with record sales exceeding 450 million worldwide, having worked with Chaka Khan, Earth Wind & Fire, The O’Jays, Destiny’s Child, Solange and Beyoncé, just to name a few.
Knowles is the author of the #1 best-selling book, The DNA of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals, and newly released titles include Public Relations and Media PR Strategies for the Digital Age, and Destiny's Child: The Untold Story.
Knowles is currently a professor at Prairie View A&M University and previously taught at Texas Southern University. He has been a distinguished lecturer at Cornell University, Fisk University and Rice University. In addition, his philanthropic efforts and community service include The Knowles Temenos House, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Gospel Music Association Board of Directors, Rhythm and Blues Foundation Board Member, The Recording Academy Board Member, and the Survivor Foundation, which he created to provide support and hope for men, women, and those caretakers touched by cancer.
Why Book Mathew Knowles for Your Event
As a pioneer for African-American success in the corporate world and breast cancer survivor, Knowles intimately understands the need to empower the community by sharing knowledge. With his high-energy approach, he will motivate and educate audiences, helping them to achieve their best.
Mathew Knowles on "Boxed-In Thinking"
Mathew Knowles on Learning From Failure
Mathew Knowles on Passion and Work Ethic
Mathew Knowles' Speech Topics
The DNA of Achievers: 10 Traits of Highly Successful Professionals
Knowles provides a business-oriented, motivational, and inspirational talk all rolled into one. As the title suggests, this keynote focuses on characteristics that are common among successful people from all parts of life. Knowles will share the 10 traits commonly shared among successful people from all walks of life, including passion, work ethics, vision, team-building, planning, and more.
Knowles shares with audiences how to understand the theory, process, characteristics, approaches and practice of entrepreneurship. He provides an in-depth look at why some entrepreneurs fail, and why others succeed. By using his previous experience in the music industry, he'll share simple steps for a successful branding and endorsement building process, including how to build a brand, how to create brand identity, and how to build a brand and endorsement strategy.
Making Time for Wellness
Recently, Dr. Knowles announced that he has breast cancer more specifically, the BRAC2 genetic mutation which places him in a high risk of developing other cancers. With a major emphasis on early detection, Knowles gives his personal perspective of understanding the link between a healthy lifestyle and a healthy mind and body. In this talk, he shares his personal battle with cancer, family history, and genetics. Knowles stresses, especially to the urban community, “If we do not make time for our wellness, we will be forced to make time for our sickness.”
- Cracking the Code: 20 Tips for Breaking Into the Music and Entertainment Industry
- Identifying, Tapping and Manifesting Potential - Knowles leads a discussion of the five environments in which we grow and develop. These environments play the role of "power broker" whose dynamic operation decides the extent to which the individual grows, learns, and achieves.
- Harmonizing Your Workforce: Five Ways to Make Diversity and Inclusion Competitive Advantages. Knowles highlights how and why diversity and inclusion matter and the effect they can have on your business by building a more adaptable, innovative, engaging team, with greater problem-solving capacity.
- Habits of Successful Marketing and Salespeople. Knowles shares lessons from 20 years of high achievement in sales and marketing, including his experience as one of the top salespeople worldwide at Xerox Medical System. This presentation gives an audience insight into Knowles' key steps to creating a measurable, repeatable sales process.
- Racism from the Eyes of a Child. Knowles shares a personal reflection and view on racism in America and worldwide, through an examination of the backdrop of discrimination from post-slavery, up through the Civil Rights Movement, and into the present racial climate that exists in every facet of our lives.
- The Emancipation of Slaves Through Music. Knowles offers a key examination of the liberating effects of music on oppressed people by taking audiences on a journey of music — from its secret use during slavery up through its eventual commercialization in the music industry. Knowles explores the uprooting of Africans via the transatlantic slave trade and the evolving effect on the people and their music.
Works by Mathew Knowles
Public Relations and Media: PR Strategies for the Digital Age (opens in a new tab)
Destiny's Child: The Untold Story (opens in a new tab)
The Emancipation of Slaves through Music (opens in a new tab)
Racism From the Eyes of a Child (opens in a new tab)
People Also Viewed
E! Entertainment Reporter, Best-Selling Author, Breast Cancer Survivor, Fashion Designer, and Restaurateur